18 January 2010

Oyster Pancake #001

Father-in-law bought lunch for mother-in-law(MIL) and confinement lady (CL) today, as usual. He bought additional snacks for them from Maxwell market, oyster pancakes, which were supposedly much tastier (or rather to their preference) than the ones sold by Hong's at Amoy .  Apparently, they preferred this Maxwell store (which doesn't open on Sundays) over Hong's cos this store fries it drier, or rather the composition of the flour mixture is not as sticky.

I had been introduced to this delectable snack by dear hubby when he started bringing me to church almost 5 years ago. Its a deep-fried snack containing some flour mixture with small oysters, minced meat, some veg. The entire mixture is laid on a round ladle and lowered into hot oil to fry, with some peanuts on top. During my pregnancy, hubby would get them to make special ones, omitting the oysters, for me.

Today, I could only watch them eat....

No comments:

Post a Comment