11 November 2015

Hong Kong style steamed milk with egg pudding

I enjoyed steamed milk with egg pudding (I can't remember exact name) at Honeymoon Dessert on Mon after shopping with my sister at Bugis. It was one of the Hong Kong-style desserts that I love, especially the one I had at Australian Dairy Company during vacation in Hong Kong. I craved it so much I looked up the recipe and made it after cooking dinner today. 

Found an easy recipe from 
http://www.tastehongkong.com/recipes/featured/chinese-egg-pudding-my-organic-dessert/

I used the recipe for 2 servings, which filled 3 ramekins. It was soft and wobbly after the 15 mins of steaming over low heat, but hardened after cooling down and refrigeration.....I guess I should have eaten it while it was hot....

My guess is that the cooling down and refrigeration had somehow affected the texture. I DID use clear wrap to cover the ramekin during steaming, but had removed it as it was cooling. so maybe too much moisture escaped, or something like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment