15 May 2021

Cushions and DIY cushion covers for MBR Bay Window


For years, we have left the Bay Window unused as it was quite exposed (without the DIY sheer curtains and blinds shown in the picture below). Preparing some padding for the space was on my "To Do" list for a while. 

So I bought some high density sponge cushions online during the 9.9 offers (it was too expensive to make to order in SG). The original seller couldnt fulfil the order, so I had to re-order from someone else and it took another 2 weeks to arrive. The cushions did not fit the space perfectly as the cushions were 50cm squares whereas the entire length was 158cm. I padded the end of the space (8cm) by folding a cardboard box. It cannot be seen in the picture as it was below the triangular pillow. 


The triangular support 'pillow cover' is actually just some scraps from previous projects, encasing an air pillow. I used a large plastic ziplock (i think it was those blankets storage bags from Daiso).  

To keep dust out and make it easier to clean, I machine-sewed a long cushion case to keep dust out of the crevices in-between the three cushions. Again, the fabric was from my stash, and I was so happy with the result of the first (the Christmas red) that I could not resist when I saw this cute cartoon print on sale at People's Park. So Taa-dah! I have two interchangeable covers.  


So on windy mornings or overcast afternoons, this is my little reading-cum-entertainment corner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment