21 August 2015

Kongguksu for lunch

I had made a batch of soyabean milk from scratch for the first time (soak soy beans overnight, remove skins, blend, boil, strain) and was racking my brains to figure what else to do with the massive containers of soybean milk that resulted. It was all my fault for keeping that packet of dry beans in my pantry for too long and forget about it. So it was expiring soon and I did not have the energy to make another batch within the next 2 weeks. 

Then I happened to be watching one of the episodes of #3MealsADay, where they were grinding beans (See Series 2 Ep 9), so I tried something similar. I usually google for recipes, but #maangchi (https://www.youtube.com/user/Maangchi) is becoming my go-to reference for Korean food cooking demos and advice. This Kongguksu 콩국수 is made simply from whatever I had on hand

Simple steps: 
Cook some meesua, drain water, rinse under cold water; 
Pour chilled soybean milk over noodles; 
Serve with cherry tomatoes and shredded cucumbers. 

It was a cool and refreshing lunch! yummy...

No comments:

Post a Comment