03 October 2015

Mini doughnuts for breakfast (3Oct 2015)

I had bought a mini doughnut maker online some time back, but it was stashed away at my parents' home. I remembered about it recently and brought it back, since I now have the batter dispenser to play with. 

I followed a basic waffle/pancake recipe and tried making it for breakfast at home today. I realised the heating panels are uneven, so the bottom half of the donut was more evenly browned, whereas the top panel gives the "speckled look". 


I tried to even the browning by flipping the doughnuts halfway through the cooking time (this electric machine can't be flipped upside down, unlike the traditional stovetop type) But the structure was not fully set yet, so they tear easily while I was using tongs to flip them manually. In the picture below, you can see the ugly marks left behind by the tongs when I turned them over. These cook fast! 1 min on each side so one batch of 7 gets done within 3 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment