26 September 2015

Ricecooker yam rice for dinner (26 Sep 2015)


YX wanted to watch 中国好声音4, so we were aiming to be home during dinnertime. It was a choice between buying dinner back from the zichar nearby or cooking at home. On the way back from Bugis at 4pm after a quick visit to the Central Public Library, YX said "I want mummy to cook". So that sealed the dinner decision.

On the bus, I was doing a quick google search on an easy ricecooker recipe and hubby suggested yam rice, so I found this recipe: http://www.thetummyescapades.com/mums-mothers-yam-rice/

We could only find baby yam from NTUC, so I used that instead.


My recipe:

5 cloves of garlic

1 waxed sausage

6 fresh shiitake mushrooms (cos I didn't have dried ones on hand)

500g bag of baby yam

240g pork belly, skin removed


For seasonings, I followed the recipe mostly. I wanted to use up my stock of brown rice, so I used 1 cup brown rice mixed with 2 cups of Calrose rice (so that YX wouldn't know the difference!!)


The smell was quite fragrant and we hurriedly gobbled down our respective shares. The picture below is what is being kept as leftovers for my lunch next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment