10 September 2015

Noodling around #2 Our first decent homemade noodles - Bah Chor Mee / minced meat noodles / 肉脞面

After the first failed attempt at homemade noodles, we learnt our lesson and stuck strictly to the instructions and measuring cups this time. We managed to get the noodles looking more like what we see on Youtube and everywhere else. 


I found a super informative blog post on how to prepare one of my favourite dishes, minced meat noodles from tummytroll. Thus, with other preparations (see how I airfry pork lard cubes and "mermaid fish" and prepare soup stock), we enjoyed a lunch of homemade bah chor mee, or "minced meat noodles". 

Silly me forgot to change the Philips noodle maker cutting disc to the thinner angel hair one, so we ended up with fatter noodles. I personally prefer thinner 幼面 for my noodles, but since it represented all our hard work, I slurped through the entire bowl for lunch, anyway. 




No comments:

Post a Comment