09 September 2015

Unboxing Philips noodle maker

Finally got down to blowing the dust off the Philips noodle maker that hubby had bought during a Philips staff sale event in Dec 2014 (did I ever mention half my kitchen appliances are from Philips cos he has a friend working for Philips?)

The unit came with the basic cut moulds for 
A) Angel hair/ Mee Kia 
B) Penne
C) 
Spaghetti/ Yellow noodles
D) 
Fettuccine/ Ban Mian




Our first round was disastrous as I was happily admiring the machine at work after pouring in the flour and water, when hubs popped round and asked why I did not add an egg. I had quickly browsed through the instruction manual and only breezed thru the table showing the difference in ingredients for egg vs normal plain noodle. I remembered the liquid measure was different for egg, and ASSUMED it was simply the original amount for plain water, with an egg added in. So I just quickly beat up an egg and added it into the mix before the kneading cycle ended. 

THAT WAS THE MISTAKE!

What originally looked like breadcrumbs texture ended up like a thick sticky muffin batter. I tried adding in more flour but still couldn't salvage it. I had fitted the thinnest cut disc, and the extruded noodles looked like extra-strength electrical wires (you know, those that coil around each other, forming one thicker band of wires?). Hubby tried to manually knead the dough we dug out of the chamber, by hand. and tried extruding again, without much success. But we still managed to cook them anyhow, and ate them for lunch. They were pretty decent, and chewy....

And that is why this post is on "unboxing" rather than the final product. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment