28 May 2010

Reno Blog #24 - Kitchen appliances at Philips Carnival Fair and Courts

Philips Carnival Fair
Took the chance to buy our kitchen appliances at the Philips carnival sale. I was quite happy with the good discounts on my baby/pregnancy stuff from Avent, so we agreed to buy most kitchen stuff from philips too. Saved the time and effort to compare between brands and different models too. We just did some simple 'homework' the night before, by going to take note of the models we were eyeing, on the philips website, and to see the actual model, check pricing at Courts the night before.

Thankfully or not, our baby girl woke up early that day, giving us no choice but to wake up and feed her early too. We thus managed to bring her along with us to Toa Payoh that morning at 9am.

It was barely 9.15am when we reached and there was a squeeze for parking space already. The staff directing traffic allowed us to park along one side of the road. I could only stay in the car as our girl, who was crying quite badly during the car ride, had just fallen asleep in the carseat. Hubby thus had to go and buy the stuff on his own, making two trips. Luckily we didn't have to park too far away.

Managed to buy the following items

Toaster - Philips HD 2618
Having lived for the past four years without a toaster at my current place (and forgoing my daily morning toast), I definitely put this as one of the NEEDED appliances. Haha




Deep Fryer - Philips HD 6159
This was not on my original list of things to buy, but hubby bought it anyway. Guess its a hint of what type of foods to cook for.... :)



Steamer - Philips HD 9140
Definitely one of the essentials in my kitchen, for me to heat up my lunches and steamed buns/bao for breakfast or tea. It will probably come in handy when preparing foods for girl in future too!



Clock radio for IPhone/iPod - Philips DC 220
I originally wanted one that I could attach my mp3 player from Sansa, but one that worked on batteries so that it was portable and I could bring around the house wherever I was putting girl to play. I had asked around at Parisilk but they said they were not aware of one that was battery-operated. Most of the products there were compatible with iPod and/or iPhone, rather than the normal mp3 players. I hadn't done my research on which to buy yet, but hubby bought it at the carnival sale anyway... Im glad that it also has an mp3 input option, but I have not figured it out yet...


Total Damage at Philips Carnival - $419.


The rice cooker and juicer we were eyeing were not cheaper than Courts' offer so we decided to buy from Courts instead.

Rice cooker - Philips HD 4755
Philips has quite a number of rice cookers, each with increasingly sophisticated functions for the busy working wife/mother. However, I figured out that I only needed it to cook rice and possibly porridge on fuzzy mode, since Im not as adventurous to cook other stuff with it.



Juicer - Philips HR 1865
I had been eyeing this for the longest time ever, bought over by the idea of the convenience of getting fresh apple juice without having to cut and pare the apple. When I put on my logical hat though, when ever do I juice apples since apple juice isn't one of my favourite fresh juice drinks? Anyway, Im happy with the purchase....



Total Damage at Courts Megastore - $387.


All this preparing and buying makes it feel so much more real that we are indeed going to have our very own place soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment