21 June 2015

Jubilee Winds and Percussion 21 June 2015

Jubilee Winds and Percussion 《鼓吹狮城庆金禧》

by City Chinese Orchestra 狮城华乐团

21 June 2015, 5pm  Victoria Concert Hall


It has been a while since I last watched a CityCO concert (previous attendance was at "Footprints", if I'm not wrong). This year, the mid-year concert coincides with Father's Day, and so I delayed purchasing my ticket as plans with the extended family were not firmed up. It was not until 3 days before the concert that I was able to confirm my availability (as well as alternative toddler-sitting plans). By then, tickets for the cheapest category were almost all gone, and I was pretty horrified to hear the SISTIC counter lady tell me she could only offer me the first row of stall seats. I was adamant on going (and hubby wasn't), so I bumped up to Cat 2 and got myself a single Circle seat ticket. There went my $49...

It has been a long while since I stepped foot into Victoria Concert Hall as it was renovated. I took the opportunity to arrive earlier and walk around the place. All those memories of the concerts I performed in my teens flooded me. The physical surroundings outside the concert hall and theatre looked cleaner and classier, but still with all the lovely architecture feels. 


Above: The backs of the seats from the former concert hall were re-used in refurbishing the Theatre next door.  The seat numbers were shown on the back. I recall having to peer behind the seat to double-check that we had the correct seat. heehee
Above: Today, a spiral staircase brings the audience to the Circle seats at the 3rd floor. Gone are the two flights of staircases that we sat on to chat in-between rehearsals, eat our packed lunches/dinners/snacks, or just to hang out. 😞


All photos are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment