30 August 2017

Luncheon Meat Bun 午餐肉包

I wanted to try the "Ferment Dough" function on the Mayer MMBM12 breadmaker today, so I chose a bakery bun recipe that would require manual shaping and baking in a normal oven.

This is one of our favourites, Luncheon Meat Bun. Basically the dough recipe is a sweet dough recipe that is used for most commonly found items in Chinese bakery shops. The fillings can vary from luncheon meat to sausage to char siew to curry, whatever is your preference. Thus I wanted to try this recipe and see if it is a keeper, so that I do not have to store so many different recipes.

I made only half a recipe as my Breadmaker's capacity is only 750g (a quick calculation put the ingredients at >900g). The steps were standard: mix all dough ingredients until no longer tacky->proof 30 mins -->punch back -->2nd proofing 30 mins-->shape -->final proofing -->brush with eggwash -->bake for 10-15 mins at 200°C.




Original Recipe from “港面包, 港味道” - 邱勇灵 编著

面团
高筋面粉 450 克
糖 112 克
酵母 7 克
牛油/猪油 42 克
温水 3/4杯
鸡蛋1只
牛奶1/4 杯
面粉改良剂 4 克

1杯为250毫升, 鸡蛋一只约为50克。

馅料
午餐肉16片

装饰
蛋液适量 (扫面)
马苏里拉 (Mozzarella)芝士碎适量

No comments:

Post a Comment